Sunday, July 17, 2011

14 guage hinged lip rings?

I've had my lip pierced for about a year now, and I really, really like it. I've worn a ring in it pretty much the whole time (aside from when it was newly pierced, of course) but now I work at a police station and I can't have it in at work, so I wear the clear labret retainer, which is fine for work and everything but boy do I hate it! I can't stand labret jewelry. I hate that I can feel it all up in my mouth and whatnot, and I play with it constantly because it's RIGHT FRIGGING THERE and it's getting angry at me because of all the movement. I want to be able to switch the clear retainer out for a ring when I'm not at work so I'm not constantly messing with it and so it won't get on my nerves so bad, but it's sooo much trouble fiddling around with the segmented rings and the captive ball rings. There's no sense in messing around with my lip for half an hour in the afternoon just to have to change out jewelry again the next morning. I don't like the look of the hooked rings with the screw-on ball ends (on me, anyway. Looks awesome on some people.) I really just want a whole, solid ring! I was thinking about the continuous ring with only a single split in the ring that you have to bend open with pliers, too. Sounds easy. I was concerned that such frequent use would bend it out of shape, too. I noticed that some places sell 18g hinged nose rings that just close and click right into place. Sounds right up my alley! Does anyone know where I can get some of those in a 14g, or do they even exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment